Saturday, August 11, 2007




Saturday, August 11, 2007
morning pages

Computers ... sometimes they can be a good thing. Other times they can be troublesome and just to keep the record straight the troubleshooting button doesn't always work like the computer geeks say ... suffice that be the reason for no entries online the last couple of days for my readers (Lisa)

Well, yesterday Terry and I celebrated 34 years of marriage. I truly believe this to be a testimony of God's mercy and grace over us as a couple. These years have not always been easy but God has carried us through with His strength, power and might. When we first got married Terry and I both had religion but neither of us had a relationship with Christ. After our first daughter was born I experienced a deep depression. It was a difficult time and yet it was at this point I was brought to my knees in my friend, Jan's living room and invited Christ to be my Lord and Savior. I found myself face to face for the first time with Jesus. At this time Terry returned to the faith of his youth and recommitted his life to Jesus. Shortly after Terry and I were baptized together.

I love what Jesus says in his word about husbands and wives. That I, as Terry's wife am to submit ... that I would submit to Terry as an act of submission to the Lord. And that Terry would devote himself to my good and he would love me just as Christ loved the church. (Terry does this in so many ways)
"For this reason a man will leave His father and mother and be united to his wife and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery ~ but I am talking about Christ and the church. however, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." Ephesians 5:31-33

As anniversaries go
sometimes it's gifts ...flowers, chocolate, jewelry.
sometimes it's time spent away together at a Bed and Breakfast and
sometimes it's time spent just enjoying being present together
like last night ...

a beautiful evening
at Sunsets in Wayzata
having dinner overlooking
lake Minnetonka
lingering in the company
and quiet of one another
and walking to
Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop
for cone's with favorite flavors (heath bar for me and butter pecan for Terry)
only to land quietly sitting on a wooden bench
watching the boats travel the water in the evening sky

I Love you Terry and I love being in your presence. Thanks for being who God created you to be. B.


1 comment:

  1. Mom (and dad)

    Congrats! You both are such an inspiration and beautiful model for what I would like my marriage to be!

    I love you both, L-

    ReplyDelete