Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Morning Pages

I am sure some of you have checked my blog and wondered if I had stopped writing. Well, indeed I had temporarily. It is only because of my fall on October 12th that I have not written. You see, when I fell I broke my thumb in 2 places and my whole hand has been in a cast since then. I got the cast removed and the doctor then put on a splint and just yesterday they cut the thumb down a bit on the splint. I can have the splint off for short periods of time but it is still quite painful. I plan on writing more now so keep checking my blog for updates!

Well, enough about me .... and more about Him. I am studying my way through 90 days With Jesus the One and Only a devotional by Beth Moore and loving it. Today's reading was in Mark 1 and I particularly liked verse 4, "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."

I find early in the morning with the Lord an especially sweet time because no one else is awake at my house and I am able to find time alone with Jesus. I am working on spending more time with Jesus and less time shopping, eating, and watching TV thus my reason for starting a new day after Thanksgiving tradition .... this year I will spend half of my day on a personal prayer retreat. I'll keep you posted.

In His Arms and loving it, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment