Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day 2007




















"Playroom"



I am so thankful for family and fun and that is just what we enjoyed last night as we celebrated "Walker Family Christmas" in our small little townhouse. At first we thought that it would be just too small but I noticed as some gathered around the table in the kitchen, some around table in the dining room, the cousins sitting together on the couch, and as little Maggie put it so well "come to the playroom mommy" (which was our bedroom) that all were having a good time. It is wonderful to think that I am blessed with family and can enjoy a meal and fellowship together. I indeed missed some of our families who now live in California and Ohio, one who had to work at a hospital, and even one of our little ones who spent the evening in the emergency room at Children's Hospital with a virus that the doctors say "will have to run its course." Many of these family members I only see at Christmas so this is an important time for me. It is a time when I think about having lost my mom before I was able to celebrate Christmas with her and my children and grandchildren. I believe she would be so proud to see the manager scene that my dad built for her, my 2 sisters and 6 brothers displayed in our home and to know that Christ's birth is celebrated in our home through many family traditions, one of which is the "Walker Family Christmas."
Celebrating His Birth, Beth

1 comment:

  1. I love that your room is the "playroom"! Is that because there are tons of knick knacks within kid reach? We can't wait for our little girl to enjoy the "playroom" at Grama's house. I love the Christmas twists you posted it is so nice to see the pics and know that you had a blessed time with your family.

    ReplyDelete