No matter what you may call the thoughts you have today as I do they all involve change. I like to call them goals and usually I think about them long before January 1st although this year it has just been the last couple of days that I have given serious thought to my personal goals for 2008. As I read yesterdays Star and Tribune article Resolutions that Stick I could agree with many things that were stated but I especially related with 2 items:
1) Do it your way
Just because Atkins or joining a gym or a Bible study works for someone else it will not necessarily work for you or me.
2) Find ways to treat yourself
We all need to be encouraged. So when you follow you resolution or reach a goal (or in my case follow a goal for say 21 to 30 days) reward yourself.
I believe it is important to know that it takes 21 to 30 days to change an old habit. With that said I found myself successful this past summer as I joined several Boot Camps with my daughter and personal trainer, Lisa. I was exercising 6 days a week then .... work began and I stopped. So, you guessed it one of my goals for the new year is to exercise 3 days a week and more in the summer when I am out of school. I am setting myself up for success ...
Goals for 2008
Read through the Old Testament
Exercise 3 times per week and journal food intake each day
Leisure Read 1/2 hour a day
Blog 2 times per week
Join a writing group
Personal silent retreat 4 times this year
I would love to have you weigh-in on this topic (no pun intended) and let me know what your New Year's Resolutions might be ... I would be happy then to encourage you along the way!
Blessings, Beth
well, well...my fairly visible resolution was to start journaling and since i suck at that i decided to get on the "blogging train"
ReplyDeleteAs for a less visible one...Josh and I had a budget meeting and our goal for this year is to get out of debt! We want to be good stewards of what God has given us and I don't think having debt is where he wants us!
I love both of your resoulutions and being the mother I am I may even check in with you ever now and then on the budget thing ... in fact when we shop together ... thrift store, of course we could keep each other accountability, need it, want it, just gotta have it :-) As for the "blogging train" I love to write and read so I will for sure be checking you out ....
ReplyDelete