Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday, January 12,2008
evening pages

OK so I have been thinking about my intentions and how I am doing .... it's week two and I have begun and continued to read through the Old Testament each morning. I am loving it. I am reading things that I have read before but are full of fresh new insights. As for the food intake that is going well too. It is amazing to me that to just write down what I choose to take into my body makes me aware of how I am taking care or not of my "temple". When I was a little girl I hated to read. Mostly because reading was so hard for me. I struggled through Kindergarten and then in first grade because I did not know how to read I was held back a year. I was always in the lowest reading group. I was the kid who fell between the cracks. The one who struggled with learning disabilities. Now, I love to read and can't seem to take the time to do it which is why I was intentional on the goal of reading 1/2 hour a day a book of my choice. I say my choice, because believe me, being in school, I have plenty to read for my class. I have taken the time to read, and one book I am falling in love with is, I Exalt You, O God by Jerry Bridges. Another book I want to finish is The Blue Bottle Club by Penelope J. Stokes. Let's just say this last book is one of those books on my shelf that I bought, started to read, but have not finished. Next blog two times a week, I am just under the wire as this is my second time and I know I needed to complete it before midnight to count. As for the writing group and scheduling the silent retreats I still have time. Well, I am off to fold laundry and then I hope to have a quiet dinner with my husband and read some more .....
B.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are sticking with your goals. I haven't been late to work! Church is another story as we have been out of town and missed last week. I loved the Blue Bottle Club, I am so glad you are able to enjoy it in this new year.

    ReplyDelete