Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Conversation with my Liver


Saturday, May 3, 2008
afternoon pages

OK so this is the weirdest thing I have ever done but I am taking the advice of my oldest daughter and I am going to have a conversation with my liver that currently seems to be acting up.
I say, liver what's up?
You are making me sick!
Nausea
loss of appetite
NO energy
stomach ache
YUK!
So what's up?
Why do you cause me such pain?
I know you have an important function because I have been so sick for 3 weeks just because you are not working the way you should. So it's time I know just what is going on, and for you liver, to get your act together. I need you to work the right way, so I can feel better. The funny thing about writing like this is, I know that you may not be listening as a liver, but I do know someone much bigger than little old you. Yes, old because my body of course is 55 years old. Anyways, the bigger One listening is the One who can fix little old you and that is who I am calling upon for complete and total healing. Yep, you guessed it liver, it's my Maker. My Maker has fixed me before and I believe He will fix me again.

Always In His Arms, B.

3 comments:

  1. Annika and I got a huge laugh out of this post. We are calling on the same Maker to bring you healing and relief. We love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aunt Beth-
    Carrie reminded me that you fixed the link to your blog on her blog, so Chris and I can finally read your blog. Just a thought about Livers. Chris and I did a liver detox meal plan last summer- you can eat "liver friendly" foods for 2 weeks to give your liver a break from processing the hard foods that livers don't like . It's called Fat Flush, I think it's by a lady with the last name Gittleman or something like that.....
    Love, megan and chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan ... thanks so much ,,, I think I will google it ....

    ReplyDelete