I actually wrote this on April 23 ... and it was on April 21 that I first began to feel yuckie ...
Usually I don’t have trouble waking up with my alarm; in fact usually I have no trouble sleeping at night. Last night was different though I came home from work exhausted and had a bad headache which is also something I typically don’t get. Anyways, I took some Tylenol and put together a hot pack for my head and attempted to go to sleep. It took a long time to fall asleep, at least an hour, maybe longer. Once I was asleep, I remember dreaming, but I don’t remember, what I was dreaming about. When I woke up the next day I was disoriented as to the day of the week and the time. Once I figured out the time, I realized I had woken before my alarm rang which again is highly unusual. With an early shower and an early start to my day I maybe would have thought that I had plenty of time to stop, listen and hear God’s voice. But this was not the case. Instead so many thoughts entered into my mind clamoring for my attention. Thoughts like remember why you are fasting from media, read your Bible, pray, check e-mails, make your lunch for work, what to have for breakfast, pack your school bag, get some homework done. Then as the clock struck 9:00 am it was time to go out the door for work. Where had the time gone?
Tomorrow will be different as I know that He must cherish the time when I stop myself and reflect on Him for this is why I fast to stop and reflect on Him.
Fortunately when we finally realize we need to stop and take some time, He is right there happy to spend the time with us. I love you mom. Thanks for the reminder...
ReplyDelete