Sunday, July 20, 2008

Love Sundays ... but dont' like how I feel !

Sunday, July 20, 2008
Afternoon Pages

OK ... so usually on Sundays I love to write about what I love about the day and I still intend on doing some of that but like the title of this blog says I don't like the way I feel physically. This is precisely why I have not written the last 2 weeks in addition to the fact that time has been flying by.

So ... I did love the prayer time with friends today and especially having Russ, Ken and Ginny pray over me for healing. This past week has been especially hard as I have had so much more nausea and lack of energy. In spite of this I loved singing worship songs today that remind me of Your faithfulness. Even when I do not feel good, You are good all the time, all the time You are good.

So ... I love when one of the children reminded me through her prayers that You are always by our side and then Pastor Steve confirmed this in the preaching when he said You would never leave us or forsake us.

So ... I love continuing my reading in The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges

As for me "liver blog" dated back to May 3, my liver is still not quite working normal in fact not only my liver is involved but my pancreas is not doing it's job either. I mean really it's a Sunday and I don't especially like getting up and fixing a morning drink that includes, green food, fiber seed, yogurt, 1/2 banana and almond milk although this is what seems to agree with my stomach these days.

I found out through a series of tests that I now have 2 cysts on my liver and an abnormal spot on the tail of my pancreas. Although I am anxious to have the doctors get to the bottom of what is exactly going on in my body and making me feel the way I currently do, I have learned a lot of lessons along the way. I am also confident that this is not about the doctors but is rather about the Great Physician.

Here are just a few of the lessons I have learned

1) I have learned to control my appetite for physical food and replace this with spiritual food
2) I have learned that it has not been all bad losing the weight I have put on over the years. I'm just not sure I would have chose this way to lose it.
3) It could be expensive to lose weight because it requires a new wardrobe but my daughters have taught me to be a thrifty shopper and shop at second hand stores and thrift stores.
4) I have learned and have chosen to eat organic food which overall is so much better for me.
5) I have learned that suffering causing me to lean hard into the arms of Jesus.
6) I have learned the peace that comes from having friends and family praying.
7) Once again I have learned that it can be helpful to write as I contine to journal about the faithfulness of God.

Remaining In His Arms, B.

1 comment:

  1. Beth,

    I finally got back to my blog...thanks for your relentless commenting and support.

    May God Bless you abundantly.

    ReplyDelete