Sunday, September 21, 2008
afternoon pages
One of my very favorite things I Love about Sundays is the fact that I have more time, to do what I love to do, read and write. So here I sit hoping to update you on my summer, my fall, and my life. It was a very busy (not like I like it) summer as I took on a full-time job for the months of July and August. It was of course, good for paying the bills, but as for having the extra time to read and write let's just say it did not happen. Although, I did have the privilege of being a part of a book study, so I can say that I did completely read one book cover to cover and I am currently working on finishing The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for school. It is so fun to read these classics that I did not read when I was in grade school or high school.
I also had a summer of many physical tests because of my lack of appetite and loss of weight. What I loved about all the uncertainty through this time, is that God remained Faithful and Sovereign, even when I had no idea what was going on in my body, I was confident that He knew. Is it not true, that when our life becomes unmanageable by us, we run into the arms of the one and only God who can manage our lives? Well, come to find out that I am gluten intolerant ... this is new for me and I am learning just what I can and can't eat to remain healthy. I am so thankful for so many others who have gone before me gluten free that I can learn from.
As I jumped into fall these last couple of weeks I found myself in still another hard situation. It's as if I want to have control of people and circumstances that are clearly beyond my control. It would seem that I would have learned my lesson through my health issues this summer that were unmanageable but no ... not me. Because I am strong-willed and sometimes stubborn I have to be taught over and over the same lesson again and again.
Now having spent the morning (remember Love Sunday morning) with the 4th-6th graders who pray with faith I am reminded once again of my purpose to know and love the Bible and to glorify Him in all that I do, say, and am.
Going back to loving to read and write ... I love the book that was written to me by my Savior and Friend ... The Bible, and can I say too, that I love to write about what my Friend teaches me .... There is a Friend that sticks closer than a brother ... He continues to teach me to rest
In His Arms, B.
you know what I love about Sundays? Other than the fact that I have the privlege of going into God's house to praise Him, I also get to enjoy some of my afternoon with YOU!!! LYMMMMMMMM :P Ash
ReplyDeleteI love this too and I will miss this time with you while you are in Italy ....LYMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM mom
ReplyDelete