Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday October 16, 2008
afternoon pages

It was just one year ago today that I received word from my doctor that I would not be able to go on an upcoming missions trip with Joni and Friends, Wheels for the World to Honduras. I am happy to report that as I began my study in the word today I am preparing spiritually to go to Peru with Wheels for the World for the first time.

Today, I came across this verse in Zechariah 13:1 "On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity." I have personally struggled with sin this week and when I found this verse it was like a light went on ... this is truly something that can be experienced today for me and for others ... the cleansing from the fountain, Jesus Christ.

Joni says it so well in the Encouragement Bible ..."God has opened up a fountain to you through the Lord Jesus. He invites you to come on in and enjoy his love. Don't stand on the edges of his joy. He has washed away your sin, and you, like a child, can be free and full of life."

What a powerful message for me that God has washed away my sin of this past week and He desires me to enjoy His love and fully experience His joy ....

May you too enjoy His Love and fully experience His Joy ...

Always remaining In His Arms, B.

No comments:

Post a Comment