Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Real Women and Mentors


About one year ago to the day I was personally invited to a meeting regarding the ministry of Real Women. The Real Women Mentoring Ministry exists to train up women as disciples and leaders in the church who are committed to following Jesus and helping others to do the same. It is an opportunity for women to connect across generational lines to learn from the Word, one another, and good books what it means to be and live as a godly woman for God’s glory and our good.

I found myself attracted to the ministry because I desired to learn from “older” women who had walked in their faith as followers of Christ longer than me. Instead the night of the meeting I was one of the “older” women. I began to sense that I may end up as a mentor in the ministry rather than having a mentor which was my personal desire.

I am happy to say I indeed served as a mentor this past year in Real Women and can I just say that being a part of this ministry transformed my life. I cannot remember, since I became a Christian 32 years ago, a year where I have grown so much in my faith. As I had opportunity to pour into other “younger” women, the “younger” women poured into me through the teaching of the scriptures, praying for and with me, and holding me accountable.

I now know the importance of a ministry that crosses all generations of women who have a desire to disciple and be discipled. If you are seeking a ministry for women where you can be encouraged with real love, have a safe place to share real issues and be lead to grow in the knowledge of real truth … Real Women is for you!


and to those who have mentored me over the years and at present ....


Esther

Eva

Donna

Barbara

Kathy

Joni

Pam

Mary Beth

Andrea

Lisa

Carrie

Kelley

Ashley

Kaye

Kim


I thank my God for you everytime I remember you in my prayers ...


In His Arms, B.



No comments:

Post a Comment