Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Keeping Company









morning pages from the word
July 14, 2010
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life, I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. (The Message)

Looking forward to keeping company today with Him, my husband Terry as we shop for the food shelf, my daughter Kelley, her kids, and Ms Cathy, as we go to the library, my good friend, Keli Moen, who I have not seen it seems like forever, as we enjoy lunch. And I will be continuing to keep company with Him in the school of praying unceasingly.
Notes from my handwritten journal ...
I have a good friend ....She is always asking thought-provoking questions. She often asks me, "what is God teaching you through His word these days?, or how has God answered prayer in your life this week?" When I ask her questions about the Word she often turns it back to me by saying, "that's a good question, that's a worthy question, what do you think?" It's what I love about this friend, she causes me to think and to grow spiritually

.
As I was keeping company in the word this morning I was keeping company with Stephen in Acts 7.

Remember Stephen in Acts 7?

Am I looking in, out, up, and around, to see the glory of the Lord?

I proceeded to our back yard and both looked and listened to His Glory ... These are my questions today ....

Have you seen the glory of the Lord in the flowers?

Have you rested long enough to hear the water coming from the pump that once belonged to you earthly father?

Are you hearing My wind blowing through the trees?

Are you listening to the wind chimes created (seemingly out of nothing) by your earthly father-in-law?

Are you hearing the blue jays (made by the Creator) squawking for their peanuts?

Do you wait for the creator of the bird feeder to wake to feed the blue jays?

I love that the father of our children, my husband, Terry, cares so much about the birds that he daily feeds them peanuts from inside the top of the home made recycled Weber grill bird feeder!

I am certain that the questions in my mind will continue to come forth. I look forward to a day of keeping company with the Lord and others I come in contact with!

Remaining In His Arms, B.

holy experience

1 comment:

  1. I love this and am so moved by the questions, thank you for posting! And please tell dad, I am so grateful to have a father with SO much creativity!

    ReplyDelete