6:45 start (time change) 474 miles down
B. Do you want a fiber bar?
T. How about one of those mamoth muffins from Perkins didn't you get some of those?
B. What? Did I get some, so I could watch you eat them while I eat my gluten-free rice bar? No!
T. There you can see some of the Badlands.
T. There is the dinosaur! (80 foot dinosaur just outside of Wall).
B. Want to listen to Praise and Worship music?
T. Well we are just outside of Rapid City
T. How about McDonald's?
B. Sure, that's good.
B. Got to thinking while in the bathroom and started laughing now who in our age range would have saved $89 and slept in the car. Came out of the bathroom and said this to Terry.
T. Well, Matt would have ... oh he's not in our age range though.
8:50 back on the road 81 degrees
Reptile gardens
T. I think we went here I remember handling the snakes.
T. North by Northwest, that's the film I was talking about that was filmed in the Black Hills.
Mt.Rushmore $10 to park
B. walking up the stairs from the sculptors studio at Mt Rushmore ... Are you tired? We can rest. That's the beauty of the day we are in no hurry, no schedule.
T. Yea, no schedule that is if you want to sleep in the car again, Ha!
10:47 back on the road 85 degrees
T. Ok, Sturgus is our next stop, well not stop but drive through.
Sturgus arrival 12:15, departure 12:47
T. Ok, how far is Rapid City? This is a long way for Pat and Marlee to see her family.
Rapid City gas 12.2 $35.85 at 12:03 and it is 92 degrees!
T. Sturgus was not what I expected ... I thought there would be motorcycles lined up to see. You know, like a car show or something. Instead that place had motorcycles all over the place!
B. Ok well, I am going to run across the street to get Starbucks.
1:10 entered Wyoming
We drove up, around and down Bighorn National Park, 8,347 feet. 5:13 77 degrees
T. look down ... it's incredible!
B. WOW yea, beautiful!
B. Should I read the next 25 pages of If I live to be 100?
T. Yea, sure .... as he listens, how old was that woman?
B. 117, I wonder if I will live to be 100?
6:45 arrival in Greybull Wy. gas 13.2 $37.47
7 pm lodging ... Yellowstone Motel 2 queen beds and a bath tub non smoking $101.65
7:15 dinner at Lisa's (not of course our daughter Lisa's but a bar right across the street from the motel called Lisa's)
8 pm I get into the bathtub
8:30 ... I kiss Terry good night and I get into my own queen size bed :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment