Wednesday, September 29, 2010

day 4 He Cried Loud and Hard

The conversation for this blank page today is ... He cried loud and hard. I could see the bone just below the skin. He was in a lot of pain and it hurt me to see him hurting so much. Just a small 2nd grader. I wanted to cry for him but instead I prayed, held ice on the arm while she put a board under to stabilize the arm. She called 911 and He called his mom. He cried so hard. He was in so much pain. Finally his mom and dad came and the paramedics arrived at the same time. He was taken on the stretcher to the hospital. I headed back to the classroom.

The whole class made cards for him and she called his house to see how he was doing. He had broken his arm and was still at the hospital. She said he would not be coming back to school until next Monday.

We will not forget this day of playing Colors in the Motor Room ... it had painful results ...


Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment