Lately I have been struggling at work. I have decided to pray though this time of discontentment with the prayer below .... I have posted it here but I have also printed it and will carry it in my pocket while at work until further notice.
This is my tweaking of a prayer written by Stormie Omartian
Lord, I pray that You would help me to be successful in my work. No matter what my work is at any given time, establish it, and help me to find favor. Thank you for the abilities, gifts, and creativity You have placed in me. Continue to reveal, develop, and refine those gifts and talents and use them for Your purposes. May my skills increase in value, and may I excel in each of them. Open doors for me that no man can shut, and bless me with success.
Keep me from ever being in competition with others and help me to always rejoice in my co-workers accomplishments. Help me to build others up and not forget that we are on the same team. If what I am doing is not in Your perfect will, show me what Your will is. Keep pride far from me so that the enemy will never be able to make me fail.
Lord, Your Word says when I commit my work to You; the financial blessing I receive will not bring misery along with it. You have also said “the laborer is worthy of his wages”. I pray that you will give me the gift of work that I love and establish the work of my hands. Enable me to accomplish great things so that You are glorified.
Psalm 90: 17 Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon me and establish the work of my hands.
Remaining in His arms at work, Beth
i should have you write a prayer for me and my "job"
ReplyDeleteI have one ... I will post it tonight!
ReplyDelete