Plan A for today in my mind went something like this
get up
sort Laundry
eat breakfast
pack bag for Sati class
drive to class, especially today for 2 important reasons. The Star and Tribune was coming to write an article about Lisa's class and 5 weeks ago I tore ligaments in my ankle and I was pumped and ready to be back in class for the first time in 5 weeks!
Oh how my plan changed, as I got in my car early, because of the snow, to drive to Richfield. I got as far as over the railroad tracks and called Lisa. I told her I was going to try to make it but the driving was not so good .... she said, "Mom it's OK for you not to come. Do not drive if it is stressful and dangerous." (love that my kids always stand ready to think about what is best for me, Thanks Lisa!)
Well I have to say that I heeded her advice, and as much as I wanted to be in class today I choose plan B.
Plan B actually went like this
get up
sort Laundry
eat breakfast
pack bag for Sati class
drive
call Lisa
drive to Cub to get postcard stamps
drive to Caribou to get a Vanilla White Chocolate Mocha (with my gift card from Angie)
drive home
dress warm
get on snowshoes
go snowshoeing down towards 3 ponds park and back
All of the words of this post are significant for the a couple of reasons .... When one is listening to the heart and soul of our being we tend to be more obedient to the voice of the Holy Spirit. Also, the fact that I had MS for 12 years and had an injury to the right ankle just 5 weeks ago, yet took a walk in the snow enjoying the beauty of His creation is worth the change to Plan B. My ways are not His ways ....
In His Arms, B.
His ways do become yours when you listen, and then you always receive EXACTLY what you need! So glad you listened and had such a beautiful time in nature enjoying the first snow, rather than stressing over driving in the first snow! Class rocked and we'll see you next week :)
ReplyDelete