I was totally inspired after I read Catherine's and Lisa's blogs to post a year in review and I loved Lisa's approach by going from December-all the way back to January. It seems to me that my mind will remember the most recent joys and concerns of 2010 first so .... with that said here goes ....
December
Joy; A surprise visit from our TX kids and grand kids for Christmas which meant that we were all together this Christmas, sons, son-in-laws, daughters, daughter-in-law, grandson and granddaughters ... Yea! Also a joy was a time of welcoming women and one special man into our home as Kelley and I hosted our annual "Blessings" Open House.
Concern; The loss of one of our 3-grade students totally unexpected.
November
Joy; A missions trip to Liberia but not before spending time with MN family cutting down our Christmas Tree ... I love this tradition.
Concern; The loss of my nephew of just 33 years of age also totally unexpected.
October
Joy; Women of Faith and a restful time at the Prestigious Plymouth Pederson B&B. It is always so fun to entertain in our townhome. This year was a special time of B&B as I was able to host some new friends and one old "best" friend, Andrea. We talked, we laughed and we talked some more.
Concern; One of my good friends was told she had cancer and another good friend's husband of many years left here.
September
Joy; School begins and I am ready for routine. I was asked to serve with a great team of 1st grade teachers along with my regular assignment in the EBD classroom.
Concern; I just was not sure what I would do with all my free time now that I had finished school. It seems that this did not turn out to be much of a concern.
August
Joy; The most amazing and fun Anniversary with my sweet husband of 37 years as we road-tripped to the west coast stopping along the way at the Black Hills, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, the Grand Canyon etc ... fun, fun, fun!
Concern; none really
July
Joy and Concern Can't really remember anything
June
Joy; Planning to take my grand kids overnight each Wednesday night for the summer and then go garage sailing with Kelley. (well it wasn't exactly the whole summer much to our dismay!)
Concern; The summer would go much too fast and it did!
May
Joy; Graduation after 5 years of college at Crown College. And the most thoughtful and well-planned graduation open house hosted by all of my kids at my daughter, Lisa's house. Thankful for the accomplishment and even more thankful for the love of my family and that they celebrated me!
Concern; Would I really complete my course work and graduate?
April
Joy; Traveling to TX for the first time by myself to spend time with Jake, Carrie and the Kids having all of them to myself. Don't get me wrong I do like to share but there is just something sweet about having alone time with my kids and grand kids.
Concern; Would I experience complete recovery from a fall I had while restraining a student. (mostly recovered)
March
Joy; An art course I took to fulfil some credits and I fell in love with the professor, the class and the process of art.
Concern; Would I complete my course work and graduate?
Febuary
Joy; Reading and writing and being encouraged to read and write by my daughter Lisa1
Concern; Will the winter ever end?
January
Joy; Being a part of the first EX 2:2 class at my church. I learned so much and read so many good books which I am excited to use as I disciple others in the coming year.
Concern; Would I blog my intentions and even more important would I even be able to live out my intentions?
I LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete