I was able to get lost in a world of romance, family and history from the 1600's through the reading of this novel by Parsons. I was impressed with the written language descriptions in this book. It was a 3rd novel in a series but was easy to read as a stand alone.
I enjoyed the storyline and loved that this romance takes place between two different classes of people represented in the lives of the Barringtons and the Clavell's. I could pick up this book and get lost in another world because of the history content. The idea of an arranged marriage was intriguing ... "Ella took Davey from Bridget, "I'm sorry for you, Gigi. Sorry that you are entering this marriage with such dread, but you are going to have to resolve yourself to it and make the best of it. Who Knows? Perhaps you will fall madly in love with Edward on your wedding night." When in fact this arranged marriage has some very interesting twists of suspense toward the end of the novel.
Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review.
No comments:
Post a Comment