In the chapter on Sabbath Silence by Allender, the author states “The Sabbath is like every other gift—it requires practice and discipline to grow in delight.” Keeping the Sabbath day holy is one of the disciplines I have continued to study and learn for the purpose of changing the way I look at practicing my Sabbath. This is why I choose the book Sabbath The Ancient Practices Series from Book Sneeze http://www.booksneeze.com/ where I participate in blogging for books.
If you or someone you know desires more of God through a Sabbath Rest I would recommend this book. In Allender’s chapter, Acting out the Sabbath in Ritual and Symbol he gives some very practical ways of beginning your Sabbath the evening before. This was an easy quick read, and was much of the author’s opinions, rather than a study of the Sabbath through the scriptures, but a book to have in your library for reference none the less.
Because this is an old testament command and not merely a good idea, I believe that this book could have done a much better job of representing the Scriptures and what God Himself states on the discipline of the Sabbath.
Thomas Nelson has provided me with a free copy of this book for review purposes
How about you how do you practice your Sabbath?
No comments:
Post a Comment