As a writer of a blog I tend to do a fair amount of reading daily books, blogs, and newspapers. Often what I post about is from something I may be reading. Always as my subtitle states, these are my conversations with Him. I was talking with Him this morning and reading His letter to me when I got this idea for writing. I went into my archives of letters I have received and have saved and I happened upon this one sent to me for my oldest on Saturday, August 11 (not sure of the year).
Mom,
One more letter, I'll be back soon. I'm ready to come back too. I'm not sure that I want to live in Minnesota for the rest of my life, but I know that I don't want to live in Cleveland.You know, there is not much happening here. Maybe after school I'll move to Colorado. I'd love to live near mountains. She is doing OK but again today she's been trying to get out of her chair all day to walk. She says, "I walk sometimes." I'm at a coffee shop now. I needed to get out of the house for awhile and it is within walking distance.
I don't know what I'm going to make for dinner. I'm running out of things to cook. Last night I made cream chicken over noddles; maybe I'll make spaghetti tonight, or ravioli, that sound's good.
Hopefully everything will fall into place when I get back. I'm not too concerned. I can't wait to get back into the groove. There was plenty to do on Saturdays when the Olympics were on TV. Now that they're over there is nothing on TV. So I am just reading. He said that when he leaves she gets in a bad mood so I haven't told her that he is gone. She hasn't asked but if she does I will certainly tell her he left for Colorado and then who knows what will happen. I made lunch today and she didn't want to eat because she is "going out for supper" however, one thing I've learned is that if you push her up to the table with food in front of her she will always eat. I've given up making poached eggs for her because I always make them "too hard." I'm sure I have made it sound awful but it is not that bad. I really am enjoying myself. And I've been running a lot since there is not a lot else to do. Maybe I will actually be able to make it through that whole Marathon without stopping, we'll see. I miss you very much. Thank you so much for all your notes and church mail. It really has been nice to get mail. Kisses for everyone please, and I will talk to you tomorrow on the phone.
-love, the oldest-
WOW! So interesting to read that, from my time staying with Mark's aunt. I don't even remember writing letters to you then. What a different time in my life. A different purpose on my mind. And so interesting what I said about Colorado. I still often think I would love to live near mountains. I just like to climb things. I like to see something up high and reach for it. Guess even though I am still living in Mn. I am near the mountains, I have plenty I am climbing up right now.
ReplyDeleteWould love to see any other letters you have from me during that time, if there are any. Love you and thanks for reminding me of where I was, and where I am...much farther up the mountain of life, nice to know I am not sitting in the same place.
L-