I did spend a fair amount of time here http://nationaldayofprayer.org/ in preparation for teaching tomorrow and for a very important day in history. As for the letters read, they were the following words said.
July 29, 1996
Family,
Hello. How are ya'll? Me? Well I've been better. I know a total of seven people. I've met some new people, but no lifelong friends! I miss you all. It's 7:55 am do you believe it, and I'm awake! I'm going to breakfast now, I'll write more later. Well, I'm having an okay time. It's weird trying to adjust to such a different environment. I watched some guys play doubles volleyball, that was fun. I know one of the guys, Randy. He rode up with Jessica and I. I wrote to Cory already once. A couple of friends from church are here. That's cool! Mom, thank you so much for that verse. I carry it with me at all times. At night I keep it under my pillow. I wrote to Mike and Joyce this morning. You guys better write to me and send me pictures I can put on my wall next to my bunk bed. I miss you all a tremendous amount.
I love you all,
Carrie
write back soon please
ps please keep me in your prayers!
Psalm 150 (Amplified Bible)
PRAISE THE Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in the heavens of His power!
Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to the abundance of His greatness!
Praise Him with trumpet sound; praise Him with lute and harp!
Praise Him with tambourine and [single or group] dance; praise Him with stringed and wind instruments or flutes!
Praise Him with resounding cymbals; praise Him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)

No comments:
Post a Comment