Monday, May 30, 2011

#2 Accelerated Program

Phase Red Day 2


Dear Dad and Mom,


I'm coming to the end of my 2nd day. It's been a little more challenging now that I have actually started basic. I got smoked for about twenty minutes the other day 'cause my battle buddy talked during chow. We were in the pit today for a while too. I hope everything is going well at home. How's everyone doing? Yesterday I had a really hard time 'cause the drill sgt. got right in my face and screamed. There is this accelerated program that they select 20 privates to go thru a quicker training and usually graduate 5-6 weeks early. I'm going to try my hardest to get into it. They make the decision after the third week. If you guys send me anything please make sure it's stuff I need, like calf high white socks, soap, deodorant, toothpaste. stuff like that. I get to go to church tomorrow.I'm so happy. Hopefully I'll be able to call you guys soon. We will be getting our weapons soon. They don't give us much time to do stuff we want so I have to write this letter in class. Privates are just asking questions so it's not big deal. Please write soon. I need to know that all of you are doing well, It's important to me. Please pray that I'm able to prove myself to the drill sgts so I can  come home sooner. It's my number one goal right now. Tomorrow I get to sleep in until 6 am. I'm happy about that. After my first 3 weeks, I have a chance of using my cell phone a little bit. I miss you guys so much ... so so much. It's pretty sad 'cause I haven't even been gone for 2 weeks. Well I don;t know what else to say. I guess I'll just talk to you guys when I do. I miss you all and I love you Ash

I am happy to be thinking already mid May about Memorial Day
(a time when we remember our soldiers)
In honor of this time of year I am writing and posting past letters home from my soldier
who is set to deploy in the beginning of 2012.
At one time that seemed like a long time away
but now it seems closer than I really want to think about.

Feel free to read some other great posts by women
impacted by the war here:




No comments:

Post a Comment