
Linking up with Michelle
Mother’s Day May 7, 2011
My pastor preached this amazing message this morning using a Bible from his mother who had passed on several years prior.
He began his sermon by stating that he planned the message using several passages in his mother’s bible that she had underlined. He cautioned us as mother’s to make sure our bible pages were well used, underlined and studied. The transparency in the stories shared by my pastor today was wonderful.
He told of his mother who was raised by a single mom having never known his dad. His mother came from much family disorder and bondage so his first point in his message was that we must not live in bondage from our past but know that Christ came so we might be free and live free indeed from John 8:32. And if our past is in need of healing his second point was that God specializes in healing broken lives and He does this through Jesus as we see in 2 Corinthians 5:14.
The whole message spoke to my heart but it was the next point where the Holy Spirit spoke directly to me and that was that living for Christ does not come without adversity and he added that adversity may mean you are in the direct center of God’s will as found in 1 Corinthians 4:1,9.
I am grateful Lord, for the knowledge of this word from Pastor Steve this morning. He reminded all of us mothers from Ephesians 6:10 that the prayer of a righteous woman yields much. How well I know this from my own family and how often I pray for them and others. The next point was that I must put God first and leave the rest to him from Matthew 6:25. And with a few short minutes to finish he closed his message with sharing that the greatest gift from his mother was the gift of knowing where she would go when she died. He then had all of the mother’s daughters and women stand and prayed a pray for blessing and salvation over the women of the church.
His message: A Tribute to Mom
My message: Grateful for a Pastor who preaches from the word of God
Since blogger was down the middle of last week I have added Michelle's comment here ... Thanks Michelle for visiting!
Michelle DeRusha@Graceful has left a new comment on your post "I know it is Tuesday but I am still linking up ......":
Wow, what an incredibly impactful message you heard, Beth. I do like what your pastor said about faith and adversity -- too often I think I make the mistake of assuming that because God loves me, I will be spared grief and difficulty in my life. The key, though, is that while I won't avoid adversity altogether, he will hold my hand through it all.
It's never too late to link up ... so glad you did!
Wow, what an incredibly impactful message you heard, Beth. I do like what your pastor said about faith and adversity -- too often I think I make the mistake of assuming that because God loves me, I will be spared grief and difficulty in my life. The key, though, is that while I won't avoid adversity altogether, he will hold my hand through it all.
ReplyDeleteIt's never too late to link up ... so glad you did!