Monday, June 27, 2011

questions for my heart, my convictions, my priorities and my purity

Love these questions passed on through preaching from the word from our pastor...

my heart
Have I ever fully surrendered my heart and life to Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord--my gifts, goals, desires, will and future?
Are there areas in which I have a double heart--trying to be pleasing to God and approved by others, asking for His will but doing mine, being a "good Christian" while actually pursuing the "good life"?

my convictions
What are the scriptural convictions that govern my behavior, finances, marriage, morals, political persuasions and recreation?
Am I lovingly seeking to lead my marriage and family to be built upon righteous principles?

my priorities
If someone looked at my schedule and spending patterns for the past 60 days what would they see as my top three priorities?
What changes or choices do I need to make to live out priorities honoring to God and His kingdom?

my purity
Am I involved in any activities that are unholy to God and contrary to His Word, and therefore make me vulnerable to temptation?
What action steps am I taking on a regular basis to keep my heart and mind pure?

It's  great when I can think through these questions prayerfully and ask God to lovingly reveal areas of my life that need particular attention or change.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. These are hard questions and would take some serious contemplation. Just what we need in this do everything quick society.

    Popping over from sweet Michelle's.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you had me at the first sentence.

    Have I really surrendered my life, gifts, dreams, and talents or have I continued to push what I think God wants me to do? Good question.

    Glad I clicked over from Michelle's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda and Amy -- I couldn't agree with you more ... I struggle with some of these questions myself. I have found though that if my will and desires match up with the scriptures that in and of intself is powerful. Thanks for Stopping and have a great day with the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This, Beth: "If someone looked at my schedule and spending patterns for the past 60 days what would they see as my top three priorities?
    What changes or choices do I need to make to live out priorities honoring to God and His kingdom?"

    You have REALLY got me thinking: is the 15 or so minutes of Bible reading that I squeeze into my morning really giving God first priority? I think not!

    Thanks for giving me a reality check with these questions today (and for linking up!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,

    I could not agree with you more as the questions related to the top three priorities really got me thinking too!

    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete