Thursday, September 08, 2011

grief and loss

I received an e-mail message from a dear friend and partner in the ministry of prayer this week that he lost his wife to a short battle with cancer. Loss can be so hard on me personally. For I have found that the bigger the family and the bigger the network of friends one has the bigger and harder the loss.

Because this friend is one who I love dearly in the Lord and was one of the first persons I knew to be a pray-er and taught me to pray the connection spiritually is so strong even though we have a distance between physical location. I so would love to be with Steve during this time and because I am unable to I wrote this note on the Caringbridge site.

Please if you are reading my blog today would you agree in prayer for my dear friend and co-labor in Christ Steve. Could I also ask that if you have read and prayed that you would encourage my heart by leaving a comment below. This is a hard time for all of us who have been touched by Steve and Marilou.


Oh Steve,

How very sorry I am to hear of the loss of your love, your best friend, your wife and my dear friend and fellow pray-er. My mind is in shock and my heart is heavy for you, me and others left behind. I rejoice in the hope of heaven and a time when we will be reunited with those we love, but for now I am sad, so sad for your loss. May memories of Maryilou bring you and your family comfort during this time of loss. Words cannot express how my heart hurts and how I want to be by your side, encouraging, supporting and hugging you during this time, yet distance makes that impossible. Please my friend, the one who first taught me to pray, may you know that now, more than ever, I uphold you in prayer knowing full well that "Blessed are they who mourn for they shall be comforted."

May we all remain In His Arms, B

No comments:

Post a Comment