Monday, November 07, 2011

Sabbath: Release, Review and Remember

I have this weekly practice on the Sabbath to:

Release concerns
Review the past week, good, bad, feelings, emotions sins etc.
and then to
Remember His faithfulness and express praise and appreciation for who He is and all He has done in my life

This is my entry from yesterdays practice of Release:

Father,
I may not get much further than the release today as there is a lot on my mind. I am just 2 days away from surgery now and I am struggling to have peace even though ...

I know this is what You want from me.

I know You want me to trust you for the outcome.

I know You want me to believe that You are the same Great Physician; the same Comforter; the same Peace giver; and the same Healer that You have been to me in the past. Yet to be totally transparent and to be totally honest I am fearful of the outcome of my pending surgery. So .... I desire to put off fear and worry and put on peace.

Thank You father that Your words spoken to me through Your son and my husband today were ...

"Peace I leave with You, my peace I give you, I do not give to you as the world gives; do not let you heart be troubled Beth and do not be afraid." John 14:27

"May the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard your heart and mind Beth through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment