Wednesday, February 22, 2012

#3 An embrace and a smile

These are the times we will miss ... times of family, love, embraces and smiles ....


As I think forward to the next few weeks I realize our youngest daughter will leave us to deploy, to fight for our freedom, to serve our country and our "one nation under God". The question I receive many times in a week now is, "How are you doing as a mother?" I don't always know how to respond but I know that I released this one to God some 23 years ago and it is for this reason that I spend some time tonight sharing one more letter from boot camp 2007.


Dear Family,

Hey you guys! I miss ya'll like crazy! There has been quite a few interesting things that have happened since I left the great state of Minnesota. I've been at reception battalion with the 43rd unit. There has been a lot of waiting and barely any sleeping. ha ha! I got here at 12 am on Thursday morning and they had us doing stuff 'til 3:30 am. Once we got to the barracks, we had to shower and get our beds made while it was dark. I got to bed around 4 am and wake up was at 5 am. I got a lot more sleep on Thursday night. Today our Drill Sgt. told us that 20 of us would have the opportunity to go to a rodeo on Saturday night. He went thru everybody and had people guess the number he picked. By the last five, he picked out something in the book that we would have to do. The first thing he asked was, "Who can sing the Army song?" I rasied my hand, and he picked me. I stood up, sang it loud and got a ticket!! So tomorrow, I get a break from base already. Woo Hoo! I got my uniform today. It made me feel really important. Seriously, I feel honored to put this uniform on. It's hot as heck, but that's OK. The girls are nice and so are the guys. I'm actually going to church on Sunday with one of the girls. Please keep praying that everything keeps going well. I love you all so much. I'll write you again as soon as I know my address!

Ashley

wow, guess Ashley said this is the second time I posted this letter so ... next week a new post with a new (old) letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment