Thursday, March 22, 2012

Love knowing and believing that I am already amazing!


I have had the privilege of receiving a copy of You’re Already Amazing  byHolley Gerth from Revell Publishing Company for review. In this book Holley begins by saying, “Imagine I ask you to have coffee with me—which is exactly what I do with my dearest friends.” This is Holley’s style of writing. She writes, just as if she was sitting right across the table from you in your local coffee shop.
As I read chapter two, Who am I really? I found that Holley was great at dispelling the lies that we sometimes believe as women and replacing them with truth. On page thirty nine she begins with a sentence that has come to my mind a time or two and maybe yours … “You, (Beth) are not enough …. But she pauses and hears God finish the sentence with …in Me you are more than enough. I love this! I want God to finish those negative thoughts that come into my mind often with these words.

She continues with truth as she writes:

o   We are much more than pretty … we are wonderfully made.

o   We are much more than likeable … we are deeply loved.

o   We are much more than okay … we are daughters of the King
Each chapter has questions we can ask ourselves as women to go deeper in our thoughts and actions; questions that can make us more intentional about how we are living life, what we  are thinking, saying, and doing! In fact, reading and reviewing this book, during a time in my life when my thoughts have been at times discouraging, has been transforming.

It’s good to hear you look amazing, wouldn’t you agree? But it’s even better to hear from the One who knows you the best, your Maker, “(Beth), you are Amazing!” Holley says that “no matter what renews us, the source is ultimately the same … Jesus”. She continues, to point us, over and over again to the source.

I believe You’re Already Amazing, Embracing Who you are, Becoming All God Created you to Be, is a must read for women of all ages.

Go ahead, grab a cup of coffee, and go on over to:  www.(in)courage.com and join in the bloom book club and hear Holley and her friends tell you You’re Already Amazing!
Better yet, feel free to sit right down with Holley, at her blog here: http://www.holleygerth.com/


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review! I am going to grab a copy of this book now! I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather for stopping. I jumped over to your blog and want you to know I will be praying for your preparation time and your trip to Haiti. may God receive all the glory as you serve Him!

    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete