Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Staycation July

Ok I know I am a bit remiss in blogging as of late and I could give you a million excuses as to why I have not posted but I will spare you the excuses. Usually when we say we don't have time to "do" certain things it's really that we don't make time to "do" certain things and that is so true for me.

Because I have a love for writing you would think that I would do this more often yet .... I do complete an off-line handwritten journal almost daily but .... I do love to do the online journal as well. So for tonight my update is on our most recent July Staycation at the Wild River State Park.

River Walk

Camper Cabin bed and a good book

River Rest
This was the golfer's and my time away as a couple for our "monthly" anniversary and it was an extremely hot evening yet such a fun time away at another voted "best of Mn 2012" spots.

We stayed in a quaint camper cabin near the St Croix River. Even though it was hot we went for a long hike along the river. The only down size of this is neither of us had enough bug juice on so we both got pretty eaten up by mosquitoes.



After our walk we were pretty hungry so we traveled a few miles to the nearest Perkins for dinner.After dinner we got all nestled up on top of our sleeping bags and enjoyed the camping experience but in a cabin rather than a tent. We woke up to the sun and the birds the next morning and then traveled to Taylor's Falls (which who ever knew was never a falls, what's up with that?)


We did not ride on this just watched it pass down river
Overall ... a  wonderful, refreshing and relaxing time away from TV's, Phones, Computers and the like with much time for conversations, reading, walking, and just enjoying the company of one another!
Remaining in his (the golfer's) arms and enjoying every minute! B.

No comments:

Post a Comment