Start:
This morning I find myself in the midst of my thoughts running through my head. It is here that I make my do-to list and then I begin to wirte it down,
This morning I find myself in the midst of my thoughts running through my head. It is here that I make my do-to list and then I begin to wirte it down,
It is here that I begin to pray and then it is here that I begin not only in my mind to read the word but often aloud as I can stay more focused.
It is here where I think of others and ways that I can bring encouragement yet it is also here where I think my own selfish thoughts; I deserve this, I am entitled to this, why do they not think about the way I feel?
It is here where I begin to worry about an upcoming surgery.
It is in my mind, where at times, I get stuck in my feelings and emotions and yet to get out of the unrest and find peace I go here:
Where do you go to find "peace of mind"?
Stop
This is where I linked up today ... hope you can take 5 minutes sometime during the day and reflect and write for 5 minutes on the prompt "Here." Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

yes ... the to-do list, the devotions, the thoughts that don't let up ... they all meet in one place ... often. and I love that we can sit with the One who will help us sort through each and every thing ... and come away from that time at peace.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds a lot like what I've been reading in Psalm 119. The psalmist runs to the Word no matter the difficulty and expects to find God there.
ReplyDelete