Sunday, September 23, 2012

# 7 from the littlest

One may wonder how a mom of a deployed solider finds comfort knowing that her youngest daughter is in the middle of a war. 
  • I pray a lot (really nothing new for me but a different way of praying for her)
  • I attend the FRG meeting monthly
  • I attend a Blue Star Mom's group monthly
  • I send a package and a letter weekly
  • I read, re-read, re-type and record here on my blog letters sent home from boot camp when she enlisted in 2007
July 24 2007

Dear Mom,

How are you? Well I haven't heard from you in a while so I thought I would write you a letter. I just got done with my first written test and I'm pretty sure I got 100%. It was for land navigation which isn't too hard. I miss talking to you mom! It feels like it's been forever since I've been able to get a hold of you. Yesterday we went on our 2nd foot march. it was an 8K which I think is 5 miles. I had to go to the bathroom so bad the whole time which wasn't fun. We went to the gas chamber the other day. That was pretty bad. It burned really bad and I couldn't breathe when I took off my mask. How are things at home? Adam wrote to me. He sounds like he's doing really good and that makes me so happy. Oh Yeah, I have this friend that's on s. watch right now because doesn't want to be here. I've been reading the Bible to her and she's coming to church with me on Sunday. Please pray that I will be a light to her. I want on my 2nd foot march like I was telling you and I prayed the whole time. It was my remodeled devotions .... :-) I don't have time everyday to read my Bible which makes me pretty upset. Hopefully, starting in a couple of weeks I'll have more time.  So are you guys going to send me a birthday present? Ha Ha Just kidding. Ok well I didn't get to finish yesterday so now it's the 25th. I didn't get into the AMP program which is fine cause my drill sgt. said she would not give me up cause she still needs good soldiers. Graduation will be November 15th for sure. Well, I have to go ... love you lots. I got your letter too mom. Thanks Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment