Saturday, June 01, 2013

7 begins today June 1, 2013

In an attempt to make better choices of food for my face and to learn more about just how much food we have and are free to eat I am stepping into a month of 7 modeled after Jen Hatmaker's book 7 an experimental mutiny against excess.

Product Details

I read this book last Spring and I took the month on stress seriously and began a month with 7 daily pauses. Now this summer, I am going to do a month of 7 foods.

I love that I am not in this alone. Like Jen who had her "council" I have my littlest, Ashley and my sister-in-law, Marlee doing the experiment with me so ....

My seven foods are:
  1. chicken
  2. eggs
  3. cheese
  4. gluten free white mountain bread from Byerly's
  5. apples
  6. romaine
  7. spinach
I also made a plan for a few condiments; Almond Butter form Whole Foods, Gluten Free Braswell's of Georgia Vidalia Onion and Summer Tomato gourmet dressing from Cub Foods, and olive oil which I purchased here  http://www.vinaigrettemn.com/_o/store-location-hours.html
I picked up Italian herb vinaigrette ... yum!
I finished my shopping by stopping at Trader Joe's to pick up my cheese romaine and spinach.

I forgot to say my drinks for the  month will be:
  1. water
  2. tea
  3. lactose-free mild

This is what I fixed for the next 3 days lunch ...


Salad in a jar ... supper healthy
 
from bottom to top:
dressing
salad slaw
onions
chicken marinated in Italian Herb oil
hard-boiled egg
cheese
spinach and romaine layered and packed in
5 of my 7 foods
Can't wait for lunch time tomorrow!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Je'adore vinaigrette I hope you said hi for me. I am looking forward to more posts about this journey you are on!

    ReplyDelete