Thursday, July 04, 2013

Goat Cheese Biscuits made with Mouka flour from some friends from the Czech

 
Yum ... goat Cheese Biscuits

These biscuits are especially yummy because of flour called Mouka.

Apparently they serve this at Art Smith's charming restaurant instead of bread before the meal. Because I did not own a cast iron skillet I purchased this before baking and for sure they tasted delicious because of the skillet too ...

Ingredients
2 cups of flour (I used one cup Pure Tapioca Flour and 1 cup Mouka)
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain yogurt (I used vanilla yogurt)
6 tablespoons cold butter, divided
4 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbles
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Instructions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and place a 10-inch cast-iron pan into the oven while it's preheating.

Pour flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium-sized bowl. Cut 4 tablespoons of the butter into small pieces and add it to the bowl, with the goat cheese and the yogurt, Stir until the mix is moistened, adding an extra tablespoon of yogurt if needed.

Remove the hot skillet from the oven and place a tablespoon of butter into it. When the butter has melted, divide the batter into 12 biscuits, each about the size of the golf ball, (not to be mistaken for the golf ball my golfer hits often), and then nestle them into the pan-they'll be snuggled in there pretty cozily, and that's all right. I usually start by making a ring of 9 around the edge, then 3 in the middle.

Brush the tops of the biscuits with one tablespoon of melted butter. Bake for 14-16 minutes until browned on the top and bottom. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.

This recipe is adapted from Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist

Product Details

No comments:

Post a Comment