Saturday, August 10, 2013

Uncharted Territory!

I didn't understand the why of our daughter Kelley when she came to Terry and I more than a year ago and said she wanted to be a surrogate .... whoa ... totally new territory for both my husband and I but .... like some adventures we have been on with each of our kids, this one posed new territory that created reluctance in our minds and hearts . All we could think about was: we are going to walk through a pregnancy with her and not be grandparents? Was this the right thing to do? How would this impact her 3 children? We had a lot of questions and we were not necessarily embracing this territory. Yet with all uncharted paths and decisions our adult children make that we don't always agree with we give them over and over to the Lord!

And He has done great things through this experience!

Particularly in my heart .....as I trusted all my concerns to Him especially the concern of physically carrying twins, all the complications that come with that both for moms and children and quite honestly a lot of what if's? With some fear and not as much faith I went to a good friend and ministry partner and said, "I don't even know how to pray" .... this was a surprise to me, coming out of my mouth, the one who often prays and knows what it means to pray for:
His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven 
My friend suggested I pray a prayer of protection so .... that's what I began to do over 9 months ago and He has done great things:

Bristol: girl on the left you can tell by the bow

Miles: boy and the second twin born thought

 to be bigger and even looks a bit bigger than his sister but not  

more than 16 pounds of health, beauty, and a double blessing

 

 
Here's the story of what God did a bond between a surrogate mom and a birth mom ....
you can read Kelley's story here:


http://saidkelley.com/a-surrogates-birth-story/

No comments:

Post a Comment