Wednesday, August 01, 2007

August 1, 2007
evening pages

One verse of study has become my focus today "How long will you hide your face from me?" Psalm 13:1. I noticed as I studied this verse that there was a subtitle in The Jerusalem Bible entitled a confident appeal. This subtitle says a lot, maybe even appeals to me to know, as a pilgrim that there is great value in me knowing, being confident that when He seems to be hiding His face, He's not. But rather He's wanting me to pursue a state of maturity rather than going back to the basics of Christianity.

Digging a bit deeper I read Hebrews 5:7-10 and have found the application for me today is that obedience (I am doing this while waiting to hear back about jobs) sometimes comes through suffering which currently for me is the waiting and the unknown. "Call unto me, and i will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

On a lighter note I because of my free time I enjoyed ...

a walk with Cheryl
breakfast with my best friend, and husband Terry, out back by our garden
a movie with Kelley #4 child and her friend Sarah
shopping at Target for Ashley's #5 child's birthday
a letter from Ashley (she is at boot camp, Army National Guard and I miss her a lot)
and early dinner at home
coffee with my friend Katie (it's always good to check in and keep one another accountable)
study time with the Lord at the Library

Tomorrow ... In His Arms, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment