August 6, 2007
evening pages
It was a busy day today and when I have days where I know ahead of time there will be busyness I try to get an early start with the Lord. Just to let you know that I am human and this does not always seem to work out. Today I began my day with bootcamp, an exercise program that I will be doing for the next 2 weeks, 6 days a week. After finishing up at bootcamp I needed to get a car to my son Adam so we decided to meet up for coffee at Caribou.
One might think that this business of having coffee is a busyness but it was some down time for Adam and I to reconnect and even spend time sharing about the Lord and what he is doing in our lives. This is that intentional being devoted instead of just having devotions.
Although when I arrived back home I did sit with the scriptures. I got stuck a bit on Psalm 40:5 "Many, O LORD my God are the wonders which You have done, and Your thoughts toward us (me); there is none to compare with You if I would declare and speak of them, they would be too numerous to count." I began to think on this verse trying to picture what it would be like to be truly declaring and speaking of Your wonders. What would happen if every time a negative thought came to my mind I began to think on Your wonders? What if every time I began to think about food or what I would eat next I began to think on Your wonders? What if every time I sat down to watch the news, Oprah, a movie, Grey's Anatomy I began to think on Your wonders? Are you beginning to get the idea.
Today Father in all that I am, I do, I speak, I think, I watch, I read may I testify to Your greatness.
On a lighter note I had 2 good interviews today. As you keep praying I will keep you posted.
~God is good all the time, all the time God is good~ In His Arms, Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment