Friday, August 17, 2007
afternoon pages
Today as I was studying the historical context of Psalm 46 in 2 Kings 18-19, reading the letter sent to Hezekiah, I was moved to read on and discover Hezekiah's response of "spreading it out before the Lord" 2 Kings 19:14-15. I love the way he came before the Lord "O Lord, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth ... " WOW! What a picture of the Lord this gives me ... this same Lord, who in Psalm 46 becomes, rather is, our refuge and strength. This is for me, such a comforting picture, of the mighty God's sustaining presence, over our nation, our state, our city, our home and my life, as it now presents itself. As I have continued to "be still and know that You are God" Psalm 46:10 You have impressed upon me the importance of trusting You over and over again.
As for the job hunt faithwalk, 3 weeks, 9 interviews later; I have continued to trust God because of your prayers ... with 3 very different job offers then I expected, and waiting on 1 more interview and 1 more second interview next week, I continue to covet your prayers as I "spread it out before the Lord". Would you pray for wisdom and for His plan and purpose for my life. Most of the time, enjoying the wait In His Arms, Beth.
Mom,
ReplyDeleteI see such a purpose for your life, one that was designed before you even took a breath. You are on your path, trust in God. Be still and KNOW. It was said best in the Bible. Be still and KNOW! Trust your instincts (aka Holy Spirit) and the prayers that are being offered up in your name. Take a few deep breaths into your heart and feel that God loves all who seek him, seek him and you will find your passion and your path. He desires only that for you!
I love you, L-