Monday, August 20, 2007
morning pages
As I attended a Mom's In Touch International gathering on Saturday and a Sunday worship service at New Hope Church yesterday I had opportunity to sing some of the Hymns of the past. I love that many of these hymns come right from the scriptures. This morning during my quiet time I was drawn to my Favorite Hymns of Praise hymn book. As i paged through the pages I stopped at O Worship the King.
This was my prayer of praise this morning ....
O worship the King,
all glorious above,
and gratefully sing,
His wonderful love;
our shield and defender,
the ancient of days,
pavilioned in splendor,
and girded with praise.
Frail children of dust,
and feeble as frail,
in Thee do we trust,
nor find Thee to fail;
Thy mercies how tender!
How firm to the end!
Our Maker, Defender,
Redeemer and Friend.
After singing this hymn of praise to my Lord this morning I turned and prayed through Psalm 104 which you may notice is the basis for this song. I find it so important to start my prayer time with worship-based prayers. It seems even more important on days like today that are cloudy, drizzly, and rainy. As I dug deeper in Psalm 104:3-5 there is a purpose for the clouds and it is not to feel crabby or down but rather "He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind. He makes winds his messengers, flames of fire his servants. He set the earth on its foundations; it can never moved."
I know without a shadow of doubt that whatever we may be going through personally God desires us to be agents of praise (even on the Minnesota Cloudy days).
In His Everlasting Arms, Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment