Saturday, August 25, 2007
evening pages
This fall as I find myself in still a different season of life I have been drawn to reading and writing more. Yesterday as I sat in my living room, on my comfy couch, catching a few moments to read I picked up The Contemporary Christian by John Stott. I found in his chapter on Guidance, Vocation and Ministry some things all are called to ...
fellowship with Jesus
freedom
peace
holiness
witness
suffering
and glory
My calling is to be a follower of Christ, a wife, a mother, and soon to be grandmother. Even though Terry and I were not Christians before we entered into marriage I believe this was part of the calling known by God when he called us to spend our life together as husband and wife. We are beginning to redefine our time spent together, as now, all of our adult children are no longer living in our home. Also, most recently after numerous interviews He has called me to Borders Bookstore part-time, back to Plymouth Middle School for some subbing and serving through home care those who are older with health concerns. Thank you faithful readers for your prayers. It has been an interesting journey and I am excited to move forward.
In His Arms, Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment