September 29, 2007
evening pages
I could not let another day go by without blogging. I miss this time of writing so much but the last two weeks have been crazy. I have started a new job at an elementary school in the special-education department working with mostly 3rd graders and I simply love it!
This week, as I was preparing for my department interview at Crown College to get into the education program, the Lord really gave me good times with Him to think and to process some of my qualities and gifts. I did this because they were questions I was asked to prepare for my interview (which by the way went amazingly well).
I was so thankful to reflect in the following way ...
Father, thank you for being my giver of every good and perfect gift.
Thank you that you have given me the gift of faith; that any student I work with will succeed.
Thank you for the gift of giving; the giving of my time and resources and to teach the act of giving to my students.
Thank you for the gift of mercy; being able to feel with the student who struggles, the student who everyone else has given up on.
Thank you for the gift of encouragement; the act of giving praise and teaching intrinsic rewards while at times using extrinsic rewards.
Thank you for the gift of teaching. I write and read to teach and I teach to read and write. Thank you Father for the plan and purposes you have for my life.
In His Arms, Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment