September 5, 2007
evening pages
While reading The Forest for the Trees by Betsy Lerner I was struck by this statement ...
"Great writing is meant to crush us, entertain and move us, return us to ourselves with some greater understanding of the world and its workings."
I began to think about this statement and the great writings of the scriptures. Have they crushed me, moved me and taught me a greater understanding of the world and its workings?
More to think on ...
Continually In His Arms, Beth
ps (for Lisa tonight) this quote could be ... great exercise is meant to crush us, entertain and move us, return us to ourselves with some greater understanding of the world and its workings
... miss my workouts
pss (for Cheryl tonight) bummed that it was so hot and we did not get out to walk together ... I interviewed at Edinbrook and they will call Friday morning with their decision
Beth,
ReplyDeleteI was sorry we couldn't walk on Wednesday as well. Let me know how the Edinbrook interview turns out.
mom,
ReplyDeleteOh, and I could tell you about great exercise! I can't wait to bring this program back to Mpls.
Incidentally, I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow, and today was just my first day of training(it WAS that hard)!
Can't wait to tell you all about NYC. It's CRAZY!
You'll get back to your workouts on Monday, enjoy the break from bootcamp for the time being.
I love you, L-