Sunday, January 20, 2008
afternoon pages
Wow! What happened to my week and my intentions. I only exercised once this week, I journaled some of my food intake, I read some of my novel but not necessarily 1/2 hour a day. I did not blog at all and I did read my readings in the Old Testament.
OK, so I fall short but I am working on getting back on track this week and I know I can do "all things through Christ who gives me strength." I will be thinking about how all my school work fits into my intentions this week as well. It seems I must make up an incomplete in one class, do work for another class and begin thinking about my Reading and Communication class that starts in February. Whew! I am getting a bit overwhelmed! Oh, and did I say my position at school changes some this week too.
But on with Loving Sundays ......
I love the message that Pastor Jeff Preached today in the absence of Pastor Steve ... from his readings about the missionary John G. Paton.
1. Rediscover Backbone (what am I doing that involves courage and endurance when it comes to my walk with the Lord?)
2. Spiritual conversion (conversion means repentance, what am I doing to turn away for sin?)
3. Recover a Biblical Sabbath (this is powerful to think on)
4. Reassert God's total sovereignty (God is more interested in the process of me becoming more like Jesus)
5. Jesus Has no grandchildren
I loved these thoughts, I loved the message and I love thinking deeper about my relationship with Him. In His Arms again and again .... Beth
Long time no read...
ReplyDeletedid a little catching up since it has been awhile since I have checked in. It seems everyday people are joining in the blog revolution and I hesitate to do so, mostly because I enjoy being the comment giver, although I am wavering...
A word about intentions as I understand them.(Feel free to use this if it resonates with you. Hopefully you can find a place of beauty in setting promises for yourself that you follow with a deeply committed heart.) Setting intentions is a powerful tool available to us for the exact purpose of manifesting our dreams. I believe that intentions primarily involve how we wish to BE in this world rather than how we DO it. Doing it would be setting promises or goals that then carry you into a life of intention.
For example, I've designed an intention for myself for January and from there I set weekly promises that lead me into my intention.
My intention: God because of your love I clearly speak and act from my heart. My desires and dreams are followed from my deepest sense of knowing. I listen and respond to your call. In gratitude, I walk my path with confidence, serenity, and peace.
My weekly promises are:
I will not use the words "I don't know"
I will take a moment to check in with my heart before reacting to people in conversations.
I will journal 3 times weekly my desires, dreams, and gratitudes.
I also set up consequences for when these promises are not kept. For example, If I use the words "I don't know", my consequence is no t.v. for one day.
This sets me up to have some fun with the game that I play and maintains that I stay in integrity in my promises. A daily practice of following my promises leads me into my intention, to live from my heart.
Hope this helps, love you, L-
OK I agree ... this is powerful. I love your intention and your weekly promises ... I am still brewing on this. I am working on some dreams as well. It has been a difficult and I seem to be getting side-tracked again ...
ReplyDelete