Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday, January 30, 2008
evening pages

Well, it seems that 1 month after making intentions, goals, resoultions, plans .... is a good time to evaluate how it is going. But I'm not going there ... instead I am thinking I love taking the time to blog and I really like that I am desiring to grow deeper spiritually.

I heard a writer on Oprah today and I realized that this is still something I am passionate about and the only way I will learn to write is by writing. I will contine to intentionally take time to write and tonight I will write a bit about my new position.

A couple of weeks ago the Principal and Assistant Principal at the elementary school where I work approached me and wanted to meet with me. Well, of course when you get called to the Principal's office, you may wonder, as I did, what kind of trouble am I in now. After being called down I realized that this was not the case, in fact, it was quite the opposite. Both of these men were asking me to switch gears mid year to a different classroom. They asked me to do it for the students because they believed I had the "skill set" to work with these hard-to-reach students. This week has been my first week and I can say that it has been a challenge.

The challenge just for today is I went to sleep thinking about my new students last night and I woke up thinking about them. I want to have an impact on their lives for good. I really care about them. My promise for tomorrow is I will let each student in my classroom know that I care about them through words, and deeds. In His Arms, B.

5 comments:

  1. I so struggle with taking promises on by the week. I LOVE the idea of taking on a promise for ONE day. What a beautiful way to be able to uphold your integrity.

    You are so valuable to these children and I don't doubt that what the principal saw, it is what we all see in you, a deep compassion for those laden with struggle and challenge. I am so grateful to have a mother that has such love for the underdog! Especially since I've always imagined I am one. To know I am loved gives me deep security!

    Also, what a way to emulate Jesus and the path he lead on this earth!

    LOVE YOU! L-

    ReplyDelete
  2. jake says; good luck with the new students.you will always have my prayers.i cant wait to see you next month

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually mom says .... Lisa and Carrie thanks for your encouragement and I know that Jake does not believe in luck so I covet your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when do i get to see you? your grandson has started on solid foods!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about Friday night???
    love you more, mom

    ReplyDelete