June 1, 2008
Sunday Afternoon Pages
Wow, today was a very different Sunday morning. It brought back memories of the past when I had to get both myself and my kids ready for church and did not get up early enough to read and pray before dashing off to church. Well, today was the first morning, shall I say weekend that we had our grandson Sid stay with us for the weekend so ...... when I got up at 6 am, I quick got into the bath tub and took a rather short, hurried, bath while grandpa slept and Sid talked and played in his bed. When I was done, I got Sid out of his bed and let him crawl around while I got myself dressed and ready for church. Once I was done, it was Sid's turn. I fed him his breakfast of cereal, raw egg yolk and applesauce and then I got him dressed in his Sunday best. Shortly after this he went back to bed for his morning nap and I was off to church.
At 10:30 I met grandpa at the main door and took over. Grandpa seemed a bit disorganized himself as I am sure he did not quite remember the extra time it would take to put his grandson in and out of the car seat.
And what I especially loved about this Sunday is that I was able to "show off" my grandson and all he can do .... make the Indian sounds when you tap his mouth, clap his hands when you say pat-a-cake and crawl which is a newly acquired skill as of
Friday, May 30.
But what I especially don't love about Sunday is when we can not be together as a whole family. I miss having Jacob, Carrie and Annika around. I am happy to be just a phone call away and was so sorry I did not know how to get her connected on her computer, which seems to be on the blink today. I miss seeing Annika grow but am thankful that Carrie is so good about updating her blog even with live video occasionally.
Well, I have just 3 and 1/2 days of school left and then I anticipate having more time to sit at my new desk and write my heart out.
Constantly holding all of my children, their spouses, futures spouses, and grandchildren in my prayers and always wanting them to be In His Arms, B.
Happy Sunday to all!
By the grace of God we will share a LOVE Sunday together, soon.
ReplyDeleteWe miss all of you bunches and can't wait to join the hurried chaos of getting ready on a Sunday morning with you.
Big Love