Sunday, June 15, 2008

Love Sundays

Sunday, June 15, 2008
afternoon pages

Well I am finding myself not only in Love with Sunday but in Love with Summer as well. It is great to have extra time to read the books that I want to read and not necessarily books that I have to read. This leads me to my post about a book I am currently reading as a part of a book study. The book: The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges. I am reading a bit ahead and have been pondering the following statement ... "It is our habit to live for ourselves and not for God". This statement struck a cord in my thoughts because I believe this to be true of my life many times. One of those habits of mine that I have been studying and learning so much more about is the habit of eating. Why do I eat? What do I eat? What is emotional eating? How was food intended to be used for the body and soul? How do I get fed ... is it spiritual food? Is it milk or is it meat? Does what I eat have anything to do with making every effort to be Holy? How is one to be holy and blameless in his sight and eat at McDonald's? Sorry but I could not resist this last statement as I think about how many unhealthy food choices I have made in the past. Well, suffice this to say that this is the day the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it ... for this Sunday I love because I will make a deliberate intentional action towards greater health according to the Maker.

Because I have been so sick for 2 months I simply know that there is a purpose for everything. The purpose of the last two months have been for me take the challenge to read more about health and diet. The book recommended by my daughter's Lisa and Kelley, who often make healthy choices has been The Makers Diet. The book makes sense because as a believer who reads and studies the scriptures I can see how the author brings me back in time to the foods of the Bible and how food was intended to be used to nourish my body.

OK Time says that I need to close for now but more thoughts on this to come so stay posted ....
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment