Sunday
August 17, 2008
evening pages
Yesterday, I decided it was time to get some exercise and go for a walk. I walked down and around to a near by park and pond area and ended up at Bass Lake, one of the 10,000 lakes in Minnesota. As I walked I came to a bench overlooking the lake where I stopped to sit for awhile. I noticed in front of me on the rocks near the shore a fisherman. I don't really know a lot about fishing but as I watched I saw this young man cast out his line only to reel it back in to see weeds on his hook. He cleaned off his hook and cast his line out a different direction. He watched with a careful eye and as soon as the little red and white ball sank he reeled his line back in once again only to find weeds on his hook. As I sat and watched he did this several times. All the time I watched he did not catch a fish. But as I sat and looked on I was impressed by how patient and persistent this young man had been while fishing. I thought of Jesus calling the disciples and asking them to put down their nets and follow Him. Jesus was teaching us about becoming fishers of men. I began to think about my faithfulness or better yet my lack of faithfulness in "catching fish" ie; praying for those who still do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I was reminded that I have not been patient or persistent as I believe Jesus would want me to be in praying for and reaching out to the lost. As I got up and continued my walk home I pondered on these thoughts and began to pray more and to pray harder for those who do not know Jesus. When I returned home I gathered my Bible, Journal and Pilgrimage of the Heart a Bible Study that I have been working through. My study for the day, you guessed it ... Matthew 4:18-5:1, Matthew 14:22:36 and Matthew 26:6-13. I love how Holy Spirit works through all things, my walk, the fisherman, and the Word.
Finding myself once again In His Arms, B.
Beth, I just love reading how the Lord met you and spoke to you from His Word. What a blessing that He used Pilgrimage Of The Heart to encourage you. Thanks for taking the time to share your relationship with the Lord so that others can be blessed. May the Lord bless you.
ReplyDeleteIn His Love,
Catherine Martin
Love the new look of your blog.
ReplyDeleteLove you...more!