Friday, October 31, 2008

Wheels for the World Peru

Tuesday October 28, 2008

Dear Family and Friends

Some of you may remember that a year ago I was all set to travel to Honduras with Joni and Friends, Wheels for the World and was unable to go due to a contusion to my head and a fractured thumb well …. I am all set to go now on my first Wheels for the World trip but this year the trip is planned for Peru. I am getting prepared to leave on Friday, November 7th and I will return home on Sunday, November 16th.
I would be honored to have you pray for me during my time away. A couple of ways you can pray specifically for me are:

Safety as I travel
Health while I am away
Unity for the team (we are from all over the United States)
Food intake (I have recently found out that I am gluten intolerant)

Some of the verses God has prompted me to pray for the team and myself are:

“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: who, being in the very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking on the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death – even death on the cross.” Philippians 2:5-8

“Be wise in the way you act toward others; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” Colossians 4:5-6

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”
Psalm 51:10

‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.” Luke 14:21

As God prompts you would you pray one or two of these verses for the team and
myself while we are away? I am looking forward to how the Lord will use me to serve the disabled community of Trujillo, Peru. I hope through the power of the Holy Spirit
to bring people with disabilities to Christ and to bring Christ to people with disabilities.
Thanks for your prayers!
In His Arms,
Beth Pederson
ps you can follow the comings and goings of our days at
http://wftwtrujillo2008.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment