Can I just say that last night I got (in my description since I have a low tolerance for pain) violently ill. I won't go into the gorey details but let's just suffice it to say that I was in and out of the bathroom from 11 pm until 3 am and I was actually sleeping during the hours of 12 midnight until 2:30 am ... you have to really get your head around this time frame to realize that violently is an overstatement because I have a low tolerance for pain and discomfort ... having said this when I went to the word from 3 am to 5 am I was reading and studying Psalm 1, 31, 61, 91, 121, and Proverbs 1 ... the following is what I recorded in my handwritten journal.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
(note to self; allergic reaction to gluten from lunch on Friday sharing cheese with Sid's crackers with gluten, oh my!)
Thank you Father that I can say I trust in You for You are my God. My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. May your face shine on your servant. I desire Lord to have my trust in you unwavering and my defense against my powerful enemies to be my reliance on your faithfulness and discerning judgement. Thank you Father that I can indeed make you my dwelling and my refuge and no harm will befall me. No disaster will come near my tent for you command your angels concerning me to guard me in all my ways. Thank you Father that your are with me in trouble and that you will deliver me and honor me with long life and that you satisfy me and show me my salvation in you. Thank you Father that I am able to lift my eyes up to the hills and know that my help comes from you. My help comes from you and I know that You will not let my foot slip for You don't slumber but rather you watch over me as I sleep. Thank you that you keep me from all harm ... that you watch over my coming and going both now and forever.
Conclusion: Can I just say that after attempting to return to sleep with a hot water bottle on my tummy and the temptation to take something, anything for the pain ... God got my attention and I got out of bed and sought Him for healing, yet once again ... Thank you my gracious healer for helping me to obey, read, and pray ... their surely is POWER IN THE WORD!
Learning from Him and Leaning into His arms again and again ... B.
No comments:
Post a Comment