Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekly Clousure

This past week I have been reading this book, For God's Sake Rest in preparation for understanding true rest. My part in reading the beginning of the book was to take what the author did and do for myself for the sake of learning through a daily discipline of practice. For this reason I have recorded the past 6 days of Today I ...

I have learned in God's word that "It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor, and was refreshed." (Exodus 31:17, NASB)

When I can cease to do and start to rest, I believe my body will begin to refresh, restore, and repair itself. This I believe is the blessing of the Sabbath. It was given to refresh my life.

I look forward to reading more, recording more, experiencing more, and understanding more of what it means to bring closure to periods of my work, ask my God to bless my work for it is good, and be prepared to enter into His Sabbath-Rest.

It is my prayer to my Heavenly Father on this Father's Day to continue to learn and practice His Sabbath Rest!

In His Arms tonight I rest ... B.

No comments:

Post a Comment