I am hoping to have an edge on Christmas blogging this year and be the first to post ...
One of the main reasons I am able to do this is because Terry and I plan to spend our first Christmas Day quietly with each other. A very different Christmas for us and yet a realization that our family is growing bigger in a very special way where the kids are spending time with their extended family and friends.
Yet for us Christmas would not be Christmas were it not for my Christmas' past where our family of 7 children (yet my older brothers and sisters remember 8) would celebrate Christmas around the manager scene my father built which I now have in my home.
Christmas would not be Christmas without the "Walker" side and the "Pederson" side of the families and now added to Walker Christmas is Van Ahn, Davis, (although they were with us for Adam's wedding but not Christmas this year)Pederson, and Larson! I love that the cousins get to see cousins and now second cousins get to see and play with second cousins.
Christmas would not be Christmas without the reading of the story of Jesus' birth happening thousands of years ago from Luke. This year Terry did this at Kelley's house where we celebrated the Pederson Christmas after the Walker Christmas.
For me Christmas is just not Christmas without times of reflections on Christmas past and present .... so I leave you with pictures present and journals past (as recorded with pen and paper and now recorded electronically ....
12/26/82 Lisa went forward and said to Pastor that she did not want to live a “boring Christian life” in her child-like way. Ruth went out and prayed with her and Lisa now has an interest in being baptized. Lord, I just pray that as parents, Terry and I instruct Lisa in a biblical way. Guide us as we talk with Lisa about baptism.
12/20/83 Lord, as Terry goes back to BSF after the 1st of the year I ask that you might help him to make a New Years commitment to be in the Word each day and completing his study on a daily basis.
12/20/83 Be with Terry during this busy season of year. Have him keep his eyes upon You for complete guidance.
December 25, 1984
It's Christmas day and I just feel that I have received so many gifts all year long. Lord, so many blessings have then poured out onto us as a family.
My prayer tonight is for Ken Meschad--this person that Janine works with. I pray that Janine may have more opportunities to speak with him and that he may come to know You as his personal savior.
My scripture reading today is Psalm 106.
December 26, 1984
Lord, I am thankful for my children. I love each one of them and they are special in their own way. Thank You Lord.
My prayer today is for vacation. I thank You For this time to enjoy all my children together. I pray that You might give me patience when I am having a hard time. I pray that you might make this a time for Lisa and I to share.
My scripture reading today is Psalm 107.
December 25, 1992
Lord Jesus I don't want to follow a format ... I just want to write, It is Christmas day and this is a special time of year. I am so thankful that I, as a Christian can have God's gift of His son with me all year. Lord Jesus, thank you that all went well on Christmas Eve as the Walker families came here. Lord we are moving into a new year. Help me to make some changes in my life that will make me a better Christian, wife and mother.
Christmas Eve Day 2007
Father as I sit before the candle light once again this morning. This Christmas Eve day I am reminded that I am to share the Light of the world with my family .... Oh Father, help me to do this today. Luke 10:17-24 vs 20 Oh Father, I do rejoice that my name is written in heaven ...
Oh Father, how I love to worship with You and Your disciples at New hope Church. I love the fact that a good part of my life is worship and spiritual celebration. I will never be good enough for heaven but because of the cross I enjoy the CRADLE the CROSS and the CROWN!
Christmas Day 2007
Oh Father how thankful I am that you came to serve not to be served. Thank you for allowing me to serve my family (Walkers) in my home last night. Oh God how I pray for Terry, Lisa, Matt, Carrie, Jacob, Adam, Renee, Kelley, Josh and Ashley. I pray that in 2008 the Spirit of the living God will fall afresh on each of them. I thank you Father for the love they have for one another. I pray for Sid and Annika that they will know you personally as their Savior. Thank you for Your grace and mercy.
Many things are important but one thing is essential: Jesus
In His Arms, B.
I LOVE reading years past! Thank you, because of all you have taught me, I know that the Spirit of the Living God falls fresh on me daily. Thank the Lord for Mercy and Grace!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, I love you!
L-
Thank you I too love looking back on God's faithfulness to our family ... I love you more .... happy day after Christmas! mom
ReplyDelete